Friday, February 15, 2008

Jump -n- Jive

Well, I got low scores in the mom department for not bringing my camera, but high scores for fun! Preston went for his 18 month check up yesterday. I can't believe that he's already that old!! After all the errands were run we went to a place called Jump-n-Jive. It's a big space filled with about 6 or 7 giant inflatable jumpers. Tristan and Preston both had the time of their lives! I was so upset that I had forgotten the camera!!!

My shy, timid, little daughter just ran with all the kids and jumped her legs off. She even went down the giant slide! I took Preston down it, and when you're at the top, it is very steep! I couldn't believe that she was doing it by herself! I sent Preston down it by himself once. He screamed and laughed like it was the greatest thing he had ever done! It was a shame that he wasn't quite big enough to climb everything on his own. As for me...climbing jumpies not designed for an adult is even harder when you're carrying an 18mo. old!! I'm sure that I was quite a sight! Thank goodness Grandma was with us. It would be impossible to keep up with both of them in a place like that!

As for the check-up, Preston is an example of good health and growth! It's so nice when you can say yes to all of the developmental questions! It reminds me of how blessed we are. Not every parent can say yes, and I know that must be hard.

Actually, I couldn't say yes to being completely off the bottle. He still refuses to drink milk out of a cup. They gave me several suggestions on how to take him off it, but I really don't care. I'm sure that he won't need a bottle for much longer, and he'll be fine. Tristan was the same way. Then one day I asked her if she wanted her milk in a cup. She said ok, and that was the end of that! Preston just hasn't said ok yet!

He is talking up a storm these days. Granted, I understand him much better than anyone. He is making great strides. Sometime (not often) he'll even say please of thank you unprompted! It sounds more like, "Peas" and "Take U", but I'm still pretty proud!

No comments: