Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Funny Jokes

Tonight was a beautiful night. A little chilly, in the upper 40s with very little wind (which is rare in the panhandle). The kids and I had been playing outside, and as it was getting cooler, I decided to build a fire in our fire pit on the patio. It was the perfect evening for doing so.

Matt soon arrived from his evening run, and the four of us sat around the fire roasting marshmallows. (Before dinner...it was great!!!) Tristan said, "Let's tell stories and jokes!" We agreed that would be great. She told a very brief story about two ghosts. Then it was joke time. She told me to go first, so I told a couple of knock-knock jokes. You know, the one about the cow says moo, not who...and the one about the orange. She thought they were great.

Then she busted into her joke. I'm going to tell you exactly what she said so that you can appreciate it as we did!

Tristan, "Who was the chicken that crossed the road?"
Me, "I don't know. Why did the chicken cross the road?"
Tristan, "Because it was clumsy!!"

The of course was followed by a great deal of laughter on all our parts! I guess she has her fathers sense of humor! I have no idea where she even heard of the chicken jokes, but it was still pretty funny!

No comments: