Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Computer Time



I am amazed at how Tristan has recently improved on her computer skills. She can now completely play her games and navigate from show to show. She mostly plays games on the Noggin site.




Recently she was playing a robot building game from the show "Wow Wow Wubbzy". There is a character named Widget that guides the game. It's a puzzle solving and matching game where there is a shadow of the robot. You have to pick up pieces and put them in the right spot. She's really good at it! As you play, Widget says, "Good job, way to go, etc." She also prompts you as what to do if you haven't moved anything in a while. As Tristan started to play and get them right, she would turn to me and say, "Widget said good job to me!" "She called me little buddy" and so on.


Later in the game, Tristan's mouse got messed up as we all know it can do. She needed to jiggle it so that she could move the piece to the right place. I could tell she was getting frustrated, but I didn't want to step in. As she continued to try, but the mouse wasn't cooperating Widget's voice came on and said, "Pick up a piece and move it to the right place on the robot" In a very exasperated tone Tristan replied, "Widget, I know...I'm trying to move it!!!"


It was all that I could do to not laugh out loud! But, I'm glad that she was standing up for herself!

No comments: