Friday, June 8, 2007

I had a Babci moment


For those of you who don't know, a Babci moment is when you cry when something is sweet, precious, joyful, etc. This is happening more and more to me now that I am a mom.


As anyone who is around children knows, they are complete mimics of you. They imitate your mannerisms and repeat what you say. Last night as I was feeding Preston, Tristan had just gotten out of the bath and was walking around in her duck towel (being a duck princess). She came up to me and wiggled her little hand out to touch Preston's head. I said to her, "Isn't his head so soft?" To which she replied, "Yes, he's getting so much hair!" (Something that we have said often).
I also tend to call both my children angels. So in she goes to the kitchen to talk to daddy. "Preston is an angel," she tells daddy. "Yes," he says, "he is an angel." "He's an angel from Jesus," she says. Neither of us have ever said that, but she's right...he is an angel from Jesus. And yes, I'm tearing up as I type!

No comments: