Sunday, April 5, 2009

I run like a Princess!

Okay, so I am still terrible at keeping this updated! Everyone keeps telling me that I need to get on Facebook. But until I can successfully stay on top of my blog, I'm not starting anything new!

My sister, Stephanie, and I went off for a girls weekend the first weekend in March to run in the inaugural Princess Half Marathon. Yes, we were just there in January, but can you really go to Disney World too often? I don't think so. We stayed at my parents condo for free, and we both had free flights on Southwest. I have an awesome husband and mother to watch the kids. And like Steph said, you only have one chance to be in the inaugural event!


As for the palm trees, well, let's just say it's a personal thing! They are located just outside the Magic Kingdom. I peed in them at the marathon, and Matt told me I should make it a tradition and pee in them again! My mother is so proud!





It was a super quick weekend. We flew out on Friday night. Picked up our race packets and relaxed on Saturday. Raced on Sunday and flew home on Monday. What a trip! Sunday started at 3:45am. (We had to leave for the race by 5:00, and you really have to eat breakfast before you run 13.1 miles!) We were back a little afternoon so we showered and napped before the after party at Hollywood Studios that night. It was a special after hours party for just the race participants and their friends/families. It was so cool!
If anyone is ever thinking of doing a marathon or a half I highly recommend doing one at Disney! At this race, being princess themed, all the princesses were out for photos and every other character was in their royal attire! We ran in our tiaras and had a blast!
I'll try to post soon from my birthday blizzard!

No comments: