Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Not much new...so a few Disney pics!











So I finally got a mouse and keyboard to go with my laptop! Plus, I figured out how to fix the shrinking screen thing! I haven't taken many new pics, so I thought I'd post some Disney ones that I hadn't gotten up yet.

Things in Booker have been pretty mellow. The weather has been great so a few days a week about four or five moms meet up at a playground for all the kids to play. It's been great on days that Preston doesn't nap, and a little cranky when we have to wake him up to go. I wouldn't wake him to go play, but Tristan loves getting to play with all her friends. I can't believe how big she is getting!

Tomorrow we are heading off to Fort Worth for a big weekend. It is our nephew Noah's 4th birthday. So, we are having a party at Chuck E Cheese on Friday and then a lunch on Sunday (which is his actual birthday). It is also cowtown weekend. Who ever thought we would be runners!?! This year our G.B.A.W.C. (Greater Booker Area Wogging Club) team will have nine memebers running. Only Matt and Ray are doing the half marathon. The rest of us are doing the 10k. I would be doing the half, but Stephanie and I are doing a half the next weekend. Yes, that's right, back to back race weekends! And, by the way, I need to let it be known that my husband is the best in the world. And Grandma isn't so bad either!
Two weeks ago my sister had a conference in Aspen. She didn't want to ski by herself, so Matt let me tag a long. I slept in and skiied while she went to classes from 6:30-9:30am and 4:30-7:00pm. Four days with no kids or responsibility. It was awesome! Then, next weekend, she really wanted to go back to Florida. This is the first Princess half marathon. I had a free ticket on Southwest so she paid my race entry and we're in! Matt again, awesome as he is, celebrated and encouraged my going! Grandma is awesome, because someone has to watch the kids on weekdays while Matt's at work. I'm living a pretty good life right now!
Anyway, exciting things are pending, so watch for new pics soon!

5 comments:

Life with Emerson and Marleaux said...

Oh man what you holding out on.. hmmmm

team goguen said...

Val- good for you! Enjoy those girls weekends! So nice you can spend all that time with your sister too:) Good luck at your races, I continue to be impressed!

The Utendorf's said...

What's pending??? That's mysterious...

Anonymous said...

Hey Valerie!! It was so good to see you guys!! I am thoroughly impressed that you ran a full marathon!! Our blog is www.sydnieandgilli.blogspot.com.

Keep in touch!
Randa

Anonymous said...

And your kids are soooo cute and getting so big!!!