Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkins




Last Saturday our church had the Halloween carnival and we had our picture taken together. If you can't tell...I was a Jack-O-Lantern, Preston was a ghost, Tristan was a fairy princess, and Matt came as himself! Tristan had lots of fun playing the games until she was buying tickets at the front with Grandma, and someone with a scary mask came in. That was the end of her fun, so the kids went home early. Thank goodness for Grandma! Matt, my sister, and I were all working boothes, so we couldn't leave.


Today the kids and I hollowed out the pumpkins to carve tomorrow. Tristan has really never liked to put her hands in the sticky part of the middle. Being a boy and all, I really thought Preston would be game. I thought wrong. I would ask him to help me take out the seeds, and he would just back up shaking his head. He was barely interested at all in what I was doing.


I worked by myself while the kids played outside, (it was a beautiful day!) After Tristan was a little bored and wanted to go in, I asked her if she would rather paint her pumpkin. She thought that was great, and so did Preston! As you can see, they had quite a time. By the way, crayola washable paints really do come off very easily!

No comments: