Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Clothing Optional!



I wrote earlier about our excitement when we bought the grass seed. Well, we planted it over Father's Day weekend (thanks for babysitting Auntie Amanda!). Six weeks later and Preston is finally sitting in his own yard full of grass! We have a ton of weeds coming up as well. We sprayed them last weekend, but we are also weeding the yard by hand. As you would expect, weeding a 15,000 square foot yard by hand is a very long and tedious process!
Tristan and Preston are getting a playground, so we have already weeded the area where it is going. This is the only weed free place in the yard, but really it's the only place that matters right now. I'm about 2/3 of the way done assembling the million pieces of wood, but Tristan is already loving it! As you can see, her playground is clothing optional!
I've become one of those mother's! I now understand why there are pictures of me at this age playing naked. For some reason kids love it! (Get ready Taryn and Jacob...little Emmy will be riding her bike naked on the trails!) Maybe other people don't, but I reach the point in the day that when she says, "Can I take off my dress and play naked, Mommy, Please?" I smile and say, "Thank you for asking nicely. Yes you may!"

No comments: